Focus on Photograph
Davis Publications | website DavisArt.com | phone 800.533.2847 | email ContactUs@DavisArt.com
Go to DavisArtSpace.com to sign up for a free test drive.
By Hermon Joyner and Kathleen Monaghan
Make the common visual medium of photograph nforgettable with our brand new high school
textbook, Focus on Photography, 2nd edition. While covering man f the same genres presented
in the first edition, we have added new chapters and man ew images to brin our students a
practical and inspiring introduction to the world of both fine art and commercial photograph .
• Man ew brilliant fine art and commercial
images elucidate the histor f photograph ,
from its birth to the latest in digital.
• Technical images and video clarif rocesses
and guide students toward master .
• Exemplar tudios from making pinhole prints
to manipulating digital images provide
step-b -step instruction.
• Low-tech to high-tech processes that can be
adapted t our teaching environment and
• Critical technical and aesthetic inquir
• A wealth of art histor nd alternative approaches
expand student knowledge of our visual world.